Why use business performance advisors? We all know our own minds. We’ve invested a lot of time and emotion to get our businesses where they are now. If we are in a leadership team, our team has succeeded in getting the business to where it is today. Also we have taken steps to analyse the way forward. So where’s the problem?
The issue is that we are all biased (whether we admit it or not). Relying on gut-feel, backing our own judgement for decisions both ignore that bias. But our own personalities impose limitations on decision making.
Also teams get locked into tunnel vision about objectives, options and outcomes. As a result we can often bind together around a group view on a possible outcome. This can happens as it is easier than investing the extra time and energy to explore uncertainty.
Besides we all tend to over-value the information we have. We also dismiss what can’t be seen as too much hard work to understand.
So gut feeling and narrow thinking can exaggerate calls-to-action. In turn this can result in over optimism. We become too confident in our own estimates, and make hasty decisions . But not foreseeing risks and problems that lie ahead isn’t the only downside. Narrow thinking also conceals the broader view and greater possible opportunities.
An external view can draw on experience gained from similar ventures. But it also gives a perspective from a broader position than the team or the entrepreneur has alone.
Greater rigour in planning helps validate the time and resource needed to achieve objectives.
The stronger the motivation or the greater the investment the more the risk of internal bias. Or to put it another way, the more the motivation and the bigger the investment the more the need for an external view.
So, an external view from Transive can help most with:
- Developing and executing strategy
- Taking digital performance beyond current constraints
- Revenue performance
- Flexible, integrated planning
Transive business performance advisors
We are rich in experience with start-ups and growing businesses. Our commercial team has helped to:
drive growth phases for prominent, sector-leading companies in European, Asian and US markets.
pioneered new consumer transformations for global players across multiple markets
extend successful single country brands to deliver a global footprint
Partnering with us gives you access to a resilient group of experienced operators who will obsess about your success.
- Focused on growth and particularly on advancing revenue
- Adaptable to different models of commercial engagement
- Technology-wise but also platform agnostic
- Extensive experience in UK and international strategic development
- Scalable team
- Seasoned in fund-raising
- Successful planning of acquisitions and exits
What we do?
Our work focuses on:
Strategy and Planning
Helping to deliver plans that:
- Develop & validate strategy
- Ensure that the key business drivers are sustainable
- Cover all elements of the growth phase
Assess customers and competitors to improve:
- Business positioning
- Use of offline marketing channels
- Partnerships and alliances (fundamental to international expansion)
- Data analysis
Finance and Operations
- Using real data to drive informed decisions
- Integrated financial planning
- Plans and documentation for investments and acquisitions
- Understanding and accessing efficient funding sources
- Successfully navigating Payment Card Industry, Personally Identifiable Information and GDPR regulations
- Set up and improvement of finance and operations departments